Sunday, January 19, 2014

We have a dresser

Holy cow.  I've been working my butt off this week!  I would be working now too, except in have such a horrible headache that I can't do anything but be still.  I do like to take take a sabbath on Sunday, but somehow I can manage too.  I feel like God was reminding me that this is not a recommendation, but a commandment by forcing me to sit still.  I have never understood that commandment.  Jesus did heal on the sabbath, but does that mean we are now permitted to go a million miles an hour on that day?  It seems like it is the most disregarded commandment.  I guess that is why I don't really follow it.  Isn't that awful, we are not meant to have a peer pressured faith.

Moving on, or back, the house is coming together.  We bribed a friend today to help us move our dresser in.  We are having him for dinner tomorrow.  Speaking of our dresser, I went with Nik to our storage in Bozo yesterday... Holy cow!  There is so much junk in there.  And in this case I really do mean junk.  There is quite a bit of wonderful finds (the dresser of course, my clock that my grandpa G made, a butter dish, mattresses and who knows what else that we haven't uncovered yet), but we will be having a garage sale this summer.  I cannot believe we acquired so much in only two years in Bozo.  Wow.

So we have a dresser again.  I would really like some couches though.  A sofa to sit on.  I might write a ode to a sofa.  So far, we have comfy folding chairs, which are great, don't get me wrong, but it's been over a month of folding chairs, and well, didn't I just tell you I've been working my butt off?  This butt would like a sofa.

I still love Big Twig!  I love not living in a city!  I love having a small community.  Might send my son to the next state over to find a wife, just to make sure he's not related to her, but love, love, love this town.  I hope that never changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment