Saturday, February 1, 2014

A smile at Starbucks

I walked in tentatively to Starbucks.  Wearing a rediculous pair of shiney red jeans and a sweater from Gap in an attempt to make the pants look less like club pants.  Why did I wear these?  Why did I pack them?  I look like such a dork!  They didn't look shiney when I bought them, and I wanted to branch out into different things... Nope, I'm just a blue jean girl, I need to stop pretending!

I slowly take off my vogue sunglasses, which ussually make me feel more confident, but today just add to the, "Ahhh, where can I hide" feel.  I step up to the counter, and the sweet guy behind the counter makes sure to get my name right on the Starbucks cup.  Normally, I don't care, and I didn't today, but he was just so kind.  We smile and laugh about complicated names.  Then he accidently puts my change in his tip jar.  Than we just crack up.  It just made my day to laugh with a friend.  Well, he is now, even if he wasn't before.  If you are about to all my husband and tell him I was flirting at Starbucks, rest easy, my new friend is gay.  I can't wait to get coffee next time though.  Get another coffee and a laugh.

So, I will forget about myself for the rest of the day and I will make other people smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment